14.6.09

Packing...

My partner and I are about to take a trip to visit our families in the states and as a result we've spent the last few days trying to eat every last remotely perishable substance in our house. Needless to say, this doesn't make for the best, or most photographic meals. So, before we head off, I'll post about our Asian-inspired picnic lunch. Or should I say "pique-nique," since we made it for a trip we took last Saturday up to Lac aux Castors (Beaver Lake) here in Montréal.



VoilĂ ! Asian style baked tofu and scallion flat bread (not to be confused with pancakes), both from Vegnomicon. The red sauce is just sriracha and the other is a tangy tamari/sesame based one, which was a real hit. We ended up dipping both the tofu and the flat bread in it, and it was super easy to make. The other dish is a cold coconut curry noodle salad, recipe from La Dolce Vegan. I especially liked the addition of fresh basil and tomatoes to this one, very springy and perfect for a picnic!

Stay tuned this week. I'll be posting dispatches from New Jersey, chronicling our adventures in travel food...

No comments:

Post a Comment